Some people don't really understand how important eating healthy food
is to us. Let's look at some statement:
1. Over a billion people worldwide are now overweight and 300 million
are clinically obese. People who are overweight have a higher risk of
developing serious health problems in later life, including heart
disease, diabetes, stroke, type 2 diabetes, bowel cancer, and high
blood pressure. Most people put on excess weight because their
lifestyles include an unhealthy diet and a lack of physical activity.
2. According to Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention, post-
menopausal women may reduce their risk of developing cancer by 35% if
they eat a healthy diet and lead a healthy lifestyle. This result was
based on 29,564 post-menopausal women, aged 55-69 for a research
period of 13 years.
3. People who ate three or more servings of fruit per day have 36%
lower risk of developing the sight loss than people who ate less than
one and a half servings per day. (According to Archives of
4. Eat low fat food regularly can reduce the chance of developing
heart disease and certain cancers.
5. Calorie reduction can increase life expectancy by up to 30 percent
6.Vitamins can cut cancer death rates by 37%
7. Foods that contain the mineral selenium and plant-based chemical
sulforaphane in combination may have a 13 times greater ability to
protect against cancer than when the food compounds are used
This list can go on and on. But I think you've got the point:
Eat healthy and balanced food daily can protect us from developing
major health problems like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke and
high blood pressure.