Dee Randall

Default 8" vs. 9" cake pan

Regarding square baking (for cake) pans for cakes, I see some recipes
calling for 8" pans instead of 9" pans. I don't have an 8" pan in the house
and wonder if I ever did. Since this was called to my attention (by
myself), I have looked to purchase 8" pans. I don't find any anywhere.

I rarely make cake, but when I do it is always a one-layer thing, no icing,
not a mix nor cake-flour ingredient kind, but using all-purpose flour,
generally made to satisfy my chocolate cake desire.

Can anyone give me any suggested time differences one could expect to make.

Thanks,
Dee