Ken Moon

Default how to sharpen mini dike-cutters, nipper-cutters?

"JC Dill" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:18:37 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
>
> >a metal finger nail file. (the kind with the
> >grit soldered to it... either saphire or diamond)

> Where do you find diamond nail files?
I've been able to find Revlon brand at most department stores, in the beauty
supply area. Also, the large toenail clippers can be used as nippers for
small copper or aluminum wires. As far as the dyke sharpening is concerned,
I've found that a strip of silicon oxide (wet or dry) sandpaper glued to a
"craft stick" (about the size of a popsicle stick, or the larger ones about
the size of a tongue depressor) seems to work well. I have these in various
grits for different projects, but for the purpose here, the 320 to 500 grits
seem to work well for interior sharpening.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX