Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default I got sucked into buying chicken dogs.

Christine Dabney said...

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:17:49 -0500, RivahCat > wrote:
>

>>:Nathans or Heb National are the best.
>>:Oscar Mayer Delis aren't bad for just slumin' it
>>:jmo
>>:
>>And don't forget Boar's Head.
>>
>>The ONLY hot dogs worth eating are those with natural casings, anyway.

> I personally like two brands which I haven't seen mentioned here yet.
> One is Usingers, and the other is Sabretts. Usingers beats all the
> ohter varieties I have seen mentioned, out of the water.
>
> Christine

I've been buying Nathan's natural casing dogs for the last year. I used to
like Hebrew National until I opened a package and there were human hairs
stuck on the dogs. Found four. ( That WASN'T kosher!!!

Too bad Nathan's doesn't make the jumbo dinner dogs (H.N.). They were great
grilled on a toasted hoagie roll with Dijon and sauerkraut.

I remember Sabretts (from NYC street food cart fame). Never have heard of
Usingers. I'll take your word for it until I can taste for myself.

Andy