Kim Grauballe

Default Stronger Than Dawn Power Dissolver?

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

>snip<

> I would be interested if anyone has any experience on using a lye solution
> to clean cookware. My main interest would be for the drip pans and grates
> on my stove. I only clean my cookware about two or three times a year,

but
> the stove could use a more frequent cleaning. Oven cleaner can get
> expensive buy lye is cheap.

Sure, lye works alright, but why bother. If the pans and grate are
detachable, it's much easier to stick them in a large plastic bag, and pour
in an oz or two of triple strength ammonia water. Close the bag tightly,
and leave it for a couple of hours, or longer depending on how dirty, then
you can practically wipe off the burned grease and everything with a little
water and no effort.

Kim