Kael

Default Rotisserie grill experiences?

Mark Thorson wrote:

> The axis of the spit rod device for the Ronco rotates in
> two depressions pressed into the sheet metal in the sides
> of the cooking chamber. These areas must be lubricated
> occasionally with fat, otherwise the machine makes a
> groaning sound as the device rotates. The George Foreman
> has two strips of metal bolted to the sides of the cooking
> chamber to hold the rotating food holder, and seems to
> require no lubrication at all. In this respect, the George
> Foreman machine is a superior design. It can be annoying
> when the Ronco starts groaning during the middle of
> cooking something, when everything is too hot to remove
> from the machine just so you can lubricate it.

I had this problem too, but found a technique/remedy that that has
worked very well for me...

I use one of those (extra purchase) kebab skewers and dip the end in
olive oil. With it, I can easily reach into the hot oven and drip the
oil onto the offending (and whiney) surfaces without burning myself -
successfully silencing that awful (somewhat bone-jarring) noise.

Other than that one complaint, though, I've found my Ronco unit to be
useful and well-built, and worth every penny I paid for it. I use it
regularly.

You did a wonderful break-down and comparison, too. Bravo and thanks for
sharing!

--
Kael, the Quirky Lady
-- take out "the dog" to reply...!