Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindy Fuller Cindy Fuller is offline

Default Herbs

In article >,
(TammyM) wrote:

> It's so spring-like today, I'm motivated to start thinking about my
> herb garden. My sage, oregano, rosemary and lavendar grow year-round.
> The thyme bit the dust last year. I'm curious what other folks
> usually grow, herb-wise? My list, including the above is:
>
> sage
> oregano
> rosemary
> thyme
> parsley
> mint (several different varieties)
> basil
> dill*
> cilantro*
> leaf curry - if I can find a source for it
>
> *I have trouble growing these but will give it a shot again. The
> cilantro typically bolts.
>
> How about you, do you grow your own herbs? (not THAT herb!)
>
> TammyM

The rosemary bush is threatening to take over the front yard. I have
chives, thyme, mint, and parsley in my window box--they pretty much grow
year-round. I'll plant basil and oregano later this year. Sunset
magazine had a good idea for growing cilantro last year to keep it from
bolting. You plant a bunch of seeds in a broad planter and shear off
sections as you need them. If you use cilantro as much as we do, this
may be a bolt-proof method. I plan on trying it this year.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me