Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Herbs

(TammyM) wrote:

> >> It's so spring-like today, I'm motivated to start thinking about my
> >> herb garden. My sage, oregano, rosemary and lavendar grow year-round.
> >> The thyme bit the dust last year. I'm curious what other folks
> >> usually grow, herb-wise? My list, including the above is:
> >>
> >> sage
> >> oregano
> >> rosemary
> >> thyme
> >> parsley
> >> mint (several different varieties)
> >> basil
> >> dill*
> >> cilantro*
> >> leaf curry - if I can find a source for it
> >>
> >> *I have trouble growing these but will give it a shot again. The
> >> cilantro typically bolts.
> >>
> >> How about you, do you grow your own herbs? (not THAT herb!)
> >>
> >> TammyM

> >Yes, I do... and I'd add Tarragon to that list, and curry if I can fine
> >one. :-) I also grow mexican oregano and dittany of crete. I prefer both
> >of those to regular oregano.

> I detest tarragon so that will *never* be grown at Chez Tammy! I'd
> forgotten about dittany, good suggestion. And I also grow chives,
> forgot to add that to my list (my memory is just miserable these
> days!!)
>
> TammyM

Don't feel bad... :-)

I have chives too! They re-seed themselves heavily every year.

One other would be Fennel to feed the baby swallowtails.
It helps keep them off the dill and parsley. Or just grow extra parsley
for them. <G>

That is one caterpillar I let "have it's way" with my herbs except for
my dill. I just move the critters.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.