Mike Acord

Default Need Pepper grinder recommendation

Almost any grinder worth its salt (sorry, no pun intended) will have
some means of adjusting the grind. The ones offered by Firth, Bounds,
and Perfex are all excellent. My favorite is an old coffee grinder from
Turkey, though there are many from other Mediterranean countries. Mine
is in copper, but some are in brass. I find them to be superior to most
others, though not always beautiful to behold. If you like to use
ground fresh pepper, be willing to invest in a fine tool, which your
grandchildren will be able to use. If possible, go to a cutlery shop,
and see what they, or a gourmet shop have to offer. Bed, Bath, and
Beyond has a nice selection, depending on where you live. Another good
alternative is to do a web search for pepper grinders. You will be
amazed at the variety you encounter. I would avoid the Zassenhaus
grinders offered by Penzey, as they are insubstantial, and more
decorative than useful. Good luck.
Mike Acord