Kenneth

Default Need Pepper grinder recommendation

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:44:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>Is there a pepper grinder that grinds in various sizes: cracked to fine?
>Mine seems to grind just too too fine.
>Thanks,
>Dee

Hi Dee,

You might want to check on Perfex:

http://www.jensco.com/perpepmil.html

It is the classic French item and I have used mine on a daily basis
for about 35 years. They are expensive for sure, and, IMO, worth it.

Just as an aside, I will mention an experience that I had with one
years ago...

I was visiting a banjo player friend of mine names Tommy Thompson
(sadly, since deceased) at his home in North Carolina. Tommy was a
serious cook and a wonderfully story teller.

As I watched him at the stove, he picked up his Perfex mill and gave
it a twist. An amazing shower of fine pepper cascaded from the device.

I commented on that display, and he simply drawled "I ran out of
peppercorns and filled the thing with ground pepper..."

That still brings a smile.

In any case, Perfex is the gold standard.

All the best,
--
Kenneth