Mark Thorson

Default Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?

Ablang wrote:

> Would anyone care to share their Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?
> What's a good price to pay? Is this something you could recommend to
> others in favor over oven baking?
>
> http://www.gopresto.com/products/pro...hp?stock=03430

I don't know anything about this machine, but it costs
half as much on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...17457?v=glance

Frankly, I doubt it does a good job. I don't doubt
that the top of the pizza gets nicely cooked and
the cheese crispy from the radiant heat, but I suspect
the crust may be less satisfactory. Even a conventional
oven does a lousy job on the crust, unless you have a
pizza stone to get the crust right. An unconventional
device like this looks even less likely to produce a
good result.

OTOH, the reviews of this product on Amazon are
so glowing, I'd be tempted to buy one if I weren't
on a low-carb diet. (Lost 40 lbs this year!)