Frogleg

Default Gourmet vs Bon Appetit?

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:12:41 GMT, Dawn >
wrote:

>Given a choice between Bon Appetit and Gourmet, which would you choose
>and why? I think I used to subscribe to Bon Appetit years and years ago,
>but I have no idea what either magazine is like these days.
>
>Mostly I do simple home cooking, but I entertain on occasion, and I
>enjoy trying new recipes.

No Cooks Illustrated or Cooking Light? IMHO, both Bon Ap and Gourmet
have turned into heavy packages of ads. A few years ago I would have
said Gourmet, hands down. Now, with the (sometimes perfumed!) ad
pages, both mags appear to have more material on 'what you must buy'
than 'what you might cook.' If only those two are available, I suggest
a coin flip.