Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment
Matthew L. Martin Matthew L. Martin is offline

Default "Variable heat" electric range available anywhere?

wrote:

> Exactly right. I think what the OP might want to look at is
> an inductive cooktop. Expensive, and I'm not sure how they
> achieve their variable heat settings, it may just be a duty cycle
> switching type of control also, but they are supposed to have
> very steady heat control.

The very few experiences I have had with induction cook tops showed me
that they have an on/off duty cycle that controls the heat production.

Matthew

--
I'm a contractor. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?