Posted to rec.food.equipment
Walter Spector Walter Spector is offline

Default Replacement pan handles?

naked_draughtsman wrote:

> My mum gave me one of her old cast aluminium saucepans (made by Club)
> which is older than I am.

I've got one of those too. A bright green dutch oven. Funny thing is
that we use the lid more than the pot, because it fits "just right"
on my wifes favorite saute pan.

> This week the handle on the lid came off
> and the threads inside the handle have been stripped so it won't screw
> back on.... I was wondering if anyone had any ideas where I can find a new handle
> for the orginal lid.

I can't imagine it would be easy to find at this late date.

Maybe put a 'heli-coil' insert in your old handle? Such inserts are used
in cars all the time. Do you have a friend who is a mechanic? Or is there
a machine shop nearby?

W.