Posted to rec.food.equipment
naked_draughtsman

Default Replacement pan handles?

My mum gave me one of her old cast aluminium saucepans (made by Club)
which is older than I am. This week the handle on the lid came off
and the threads inside the handle have been stripped so it won't screw
back on.
I've bought a new pyrex lid from a kitchen shop but it's not very good
as it doesn't fit very well despite being just bigger than the pan and
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas where I can find a new handle
for the orginal lid.

I've searched ebay: nothing in the UK where I am but there's one in
the USA but is probably going to cost more than the new lid which I
bought! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=200077793221)

A new, similar pan was £30-£40 in the shop I got the lid from which I
don't want to pay as I have an almost perfectly good one at the
moment.

peter