Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.restaurants
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Easy McTarget

"Pete <(.¿.)>" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:51:58 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>>"Pete <(.¿.)>" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> It's a fact, we don't need meat.

>>We don't need anything per se,

> Yes we do.

No, we don't.

> We need food to survive,

We don't need to survive, we WANT to survive. Need is a weasel word used by
people attempting to impose an agenda on others.

> that food doesn't NEED to be meat.

It doesn't NEED to be anything in particular, meat just happens to be a food
category you dislike.

> You can live on a wholly veggie diet, you cannot live on meat alone.

That's irrelevant, and false.

>> the word need is strictly conditional.

> Keep wriggling.

You are misappropriating your personal DESIRE to have us all live a
particular way into a meaningless statement about "need". We don't NEED to
do thousands of things we do, that does not mean we shouldn't do them.

>>> Strange world you live in then, when caring is an ego trip!

>>Vegans bend caring into a character flaw.

> We still know caring is good. You're the warped kind who think its a
> crime! Guilt does funny things to people I guess.

You're projecting. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they bang on people's
doors and pester them about The Truth because they "care". The *real*
"truth" is that like you they need to pester people to convince themselves
that they care, and they need to convert others in order to keep convincing
themselves that they're not misguided. Nobody thinks caring is bad, deciding
that you have a unique insight on THE TRUTH is arrogant and boring.

>>> You cant seem to get round your head, some things in life are free.

>>You can't seem to get it through your head, everything free is not good.

> The best things in life are. Try enjoying it for a change.

Some of the worst things in life are free, like warped ego trips.