Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.restaurants

Default Easy McTarget

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:45:57 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:

>"Pete <(.¿.)>" > wrote
>
>>>There are good arguments for eating less meat and only eating less
>>>intensively raised meat but there are not good practical health,
>>>economic or environmental reasons to stop eating all meat all together.

>> We simply do not NEED to eat meat. That's a fact.

>That is a misleading statement disguised as a fact. There are no needs, only
>wants.

It's a fact, we don't need meat.

>>>The only reason to give up meat all together is to feel smug and
>>>superior, a feeling that can only be maintained if "the great fight" is
>>>never actually won. That is why vegetarians come up with such lame ideas
>>>trying to persuade other people to make the same decision they did but
>>>for different reasons.

>> What an idiotic idea. Since when has looking after ourselves, and the
>> planet been some warped ego trip?

>Man has always gone on warped ego trips, it's his nature.

Strange world you live in then, when caring is an ego trip!

>> Really weird thoughts you're having.

>They only sound weird to you because you're on a warped ego trip.

You cant seem to get round your head, some things in life are free.

--

Disclaimer

Pete has taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published by him
were accurate on the date of publication or last modification.
Other pages which may be linked or which Pete may have published are in
a personal capacity. Pete takes no responsibility for the consequences
of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information
published on any of these pages, and such information does not form any
basis of a contract with readers or users of it.

It is in the nature of Usenet & Web sites, that much of the information is
experimental or constantly changing, that information published may
be for test purposes only, may be out of date, or may be the personal
opinion of the author.
Readers should verify information gained from the Web/Usenet with the appropriate
authorities before relying on it.

Should you no longer wish to read this material or content, please use your
newsreaders kill filter.