Vox Humana

Default GARY?

"Miles" > wrote in message
news:h6Dob.38285$Rd4.10112@fed1read07...

> I'm sure you'll disagree but many world institutions and many USA
> dentists firmly believe topical treatments are more effective than
> systemic fluoride especially in adults where teeth are already formed.

Why would I disagree? I stated as much several posts back. Of course,
adding fluoride to water is a public health measure and isn't targeted
primarily towards adults. There is some benefit to adults, but children
benefit most. It must be tough to choke down that fluoridated water when
all you see is a future generation of people with good dental health, but
don't get much personal benefit.

> Tell me, why is Flores's far more common in countries that put
> fluoride in drinking water than other countries? Why is it that the
> levels of fluoride on average in USA drinking water exceeds what the
> worlds dental institutions recommend?

The recommended level of fluoride in water supplies is 0.7 ppm. At that
level there should be no fluorosis. If the level of fluoride in your water
exceed 0.7 PPM you should contact the water utility company and ask THEM why
they choose to exceed the recommended dosage.

> Lastly, why business is it of our Government to force fluoride in our
> drinking water? If I wish to add it, I can. Let me decide whats best
> for me and my family and you decide for yourself. In the end, your
> statements are your opinion. So are mine. The different institutions
> are in disagreement.

I can't help you cope with living in a civilized world. Many of us choose
to participate in a society that values a common defense, clean air and
water, public services such as police and fire protection, a standardized
highway system, public education, and so on. Short of moving to rural Idaho
and living off the grid in a yurt like Raymond Kaczynski, you have to take
the good with the bad. I know of no system where everyone shares the same
values and agree on everything. I see no problem with people having an
abortion if they choose, or for *** people to marry. For those who don't
want an abortion then don't have one. If you don't like the water, don't
drink it. Don't want to marry someone of the same sex - don't. I find it
ironic that the people who bitch the loudest about the tyranny of big
government also tend to be one same ones who what to micro-manage the
private lives of others. They complain about a few molecules of this or
that in the water but vote for people like George Bush who expand the size
and scope of government. Frankly, I'm more concerned about the likes of
John Ashcroft and his patriot act than I am about fluoride in the water.