DawnK

Default Chicken stock and stock pots

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> "Rich Bednarski" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Joe Doe" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Hans may be right in a practical sense- In the sense that you might

not
> > > want assertive flavors in a stock, (i.e. leaving out the meat removes

an
> > > assertive flavor hence suitable for cooking something else in). On a

> pure
> > > technical word definition sense Hans appears to be wrong.

> > Surely you are not suggesting that the Time Life series is a better and

> more
> > credible source of information on cooking terms than professional cook
> > books?
> >
> > Rich
> >

> Any why not? Many expert chefs were involved in preparation of that

series -
> Jacques Pepin for example.
>
> But what is clear from this thread is that the words stock and broth are
> used in a variety of ways by a variety of people and sources. To claim

that
> they have one precise meaning as regards meat/bones, and that all other

uses
> are wrong, is blatant foolishness. Unfortunately that is a common

commodity
> here!
>
> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

I just had fun making a soup base and wanted to share it. I didn't want to
get in a debate over whether I made broth or stock. To me it just doesn't
matter. This is as bad as my husband's email lists when they start talking
about whether camera lens filters degrade the quality of the picture you are
taking.

Dawn