Michael Harp

Default Chicken stock and stock pots

On 10/14/03 2:32 AM, in article
, "H. W. Hans Kuntze"
> wrote:

> DawnK wrote:
>
>> I finally got to use mine to make chicken stock tonight! I can't wait to
>> make soup out of it tomorrow! I feel so accomplished. We also had REAL
>> mashed potatoes with the chicken we had for supper prior to making the soup
>> stock.
>>

> Just a little technicality, Dawn and congratulations.
>
> If you had meat in there, you made a broth.
>
> If you only used bones, you made stock.
>
> Just thought you might like to know.

Hmm, that's interesting. When I make stock I usually start with whole
chickens (meat and bones). After the first hour or so, I remove the
chickens from the broth, remove the meat from the bones and use it for other
things like soup later, put the bones back in the broth and simmer all day.
I'm pretty sure what I have at that point is stock...

--
Michael Harp
http://CopperPans.com