Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] siksikaboy@aol.com is offline

Default Native American Cuisine

On Jan 30, 11:38 am, "Nancy2" > wrote:
> On Jan 30, 1:17 pm, " >
> wrote:

> > You got a reply to your question. And like they said, your site is
> > way off track. Southwestern/Mexican is NOT interchangeable with
> > Native American foods. You really should do the right thing and
> > change and update your site.

> > We VERY much stand by the fact that South Western and Mexican cuisine
> > is basically Native American. They both have their roots firmly in

> Nobody is arguing that Native American doesn't include Southwestern
> (note, one word) and Mexican cuisines. Your website implies that ONLY
> these two cuisines are Native American. See the difference?
>
> N.

The intro to the website reads"Whether you call it Southwestern,
Mexican or Native American it is a cuisine that is strongly based on
Native American ingredients, traditions, history and taste." There are
three cuisines referred to with the linking "or". We could have added
some South American cuisines but felt the reader would get the idea,
which you seemed to have missed. So "no" I don't see the difference.

I am a retired executive chef/food and beverage director and Native
American. I am not some wannabe no nothing playing indian at a pow
wow. Sorry you did not enjoy our efforts.

http://nativechefs.com