Kate Dicey

Default Good stock pots for boiling water on ceramic top range

wrote on 10/6/03 9:20 PM:

> > That's what I was thinking, do they mean some kind of sandwiched
> > metal? I didn't realize it was baby talk for aluminum. Sorry if
> > that offends anyone, but that is what it sounds like.
> >
> > nancy

> that's how it sounds to me, too, nancy.

Just a sort of nickname, usually denotes something slightly cheap and
cheerful. As in, 'Is that a good frying pan?'... 'Nah, just ally!'

Don't forget, some of your USA expressions sound just as weird to me!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk