Debbie Deutsch

Default Le Creuset 11" & 14" Woks

Phaedrine Stonebridge > wrote in
news
> In article 2>,
> Debbie Deutsch > wrote:
>
>> (Sheellah) wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > Thanks Debbie. My main concern is that a stainless clad, or thinner
>> > metal wok, would cool down too quickly once the food was added, and
>> > the food would be soggy. I wanted to go with the cast iron, as I felt
>> > that once heated, it would retain the heat when food was added, and
>> > keep the sizzle. I once had a carbon steel wok, and hated the rusting,
>> > and having to keep seasoning it. It also looked quite unsightly.
>> >

>> The way to keep a thin steel wok from cooling down when you add food is
>> to keep the burner cranked up high. It does no damage to the wok.

> Oh yes it does. It will eventually warp the bottom. No problem on gas
> but on a flat-top range, it will no longer function even adequately with
> a warped bottom.

I've never had a problem with the bottom of my wok warping, and my big one
is at least 15 years old. However, if it does, no problem. A thin steel
wok costs about $10, give or take, if you buy it at a Chinese market. Who
cares if you replace it every few years at a cost of a few dollars per
year? (Once again, I will point out that I have never had that problem.)

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a throw-
away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if and when