Old 06-10-2003, 05:37 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Good stock pots for boiling water on ceramic top range

In article ,
(Peter Lampione) wrote:

What are the best pots for boiling water quickly over
a smooth ceramic glass top electic stove?

The pot needs to be lightweight (less mass to heat), except
that the bottom has to be flat, and as good a heat conductor
as possible.

The pots I see most often mentioned in these newsgroups
(such as All-Clad, Calphalon), are very nice and heavy weight,
and thus heat up slowly.
I have a wonderful Lagostina Irradial (4 qt), that has a
somewhat this but well made aluminum/stainless steel bottom (ready
also for induction!), and very this stainless steel walls.
However, I'd like to have one or two more, in sizes 6 and 8 qts,
and I don't seem to be able to find the Lagostinas easily (I bought
it while traveling).

What are the best stock pots for ceramic ranges, in terms of speed
of cooking?

Many thanks,

Peter

I just bought a few NSF Update pots from cookswares.com (I think)
including a 16 quart stockpot. Professional grade 18/8 stainless;
induction-ready; rolling-pin flat, thick disk bottom for use on my
glass-top; and welded handles. They are a bit heavier to heft around,
but they are fabulous and the price was the best I could find for
similar quality. For lots more money, Mauviel, Demeyere and Sitram are
also induction-ready, similar quality.