DawnK

Default Upright Freezer found!

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in message news:<H0ufb.672427> :
> : ----------
>

> I double checked the delivery fee for Sears - $ 45.00 if we
> waited for them to deliver at their convenience. There was no
> mention of haul-away fees... but we're keeping our other freezer
> anyway; so that wasn't an issue anyway. For curiosity sake, I
> may call them tomorrow just to see what they would have charged.
> Due to all of the pollution charges and freon fees (Illinois has
> gotten VERY stringent in these areas)... chances are, Sears
> probably wouldn't have even picked up an old freezer. <shrug> .
> Gosh, this is depressing just writing this!

Our Sears store is only about a mile away. They also charge for
delivery, but I'm not sure how much. We have no motivation to buy
from them, when a mile in the other direction, the appliance/furniture
store will deliver for free and take the old one away.

When we bought a new microwave oven in 1999, we carried the new one
home and were allowed to bring the old one to the store for disposal.
What could be easier. Nearly everyone we know buys new appliances at
the appliance/furniture store.

In the 10 years we have lived here, we have bought a dryer, a
dishwasher, a refrigerator, a stove, 2 tv-s, a vcr and a microwave
oven.

Dawn