Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Shen Shen is offline

Default Sweeteners

As an N.D., I never suggest using Splenda. It is not actually made from
sugar.This is a manufacturing hype. It is a made with clorinated
process that adds clorine and transmutes the nature of the sugar to an
alcohol.
Although, insulin levels change minimally, the body still recognizes it
a "sweet" in other than pancreatic functions and it supports candida
albicans.
I suggest agave, which raises sugar levels minimally or stevia which is
VERY sweet and not recognized as "sugar" by any body function. It comes
in both a powdered and liquid form and you'll have to jiggle around
with it to determine how sweet you like it. It IS VERY SWEET.
The above is only a suggestion and not to be used in lieu of
traditional medical advice.
Shen