Posted to alt.support.diet,rec.food.drink.tea
Richard Chappell Richard Chappell is offline

Default Sweeteners

In article <wlXth.784881$5R2.716481@pd7urf3no>, alex > wrote:
>I drink a lot of tea and need to sweeten with sugar.
>
>I am looking to eliminate sugar from my diet but am not interested in an
>artificial sweetener. Anyone else found a fully safe sweetener to use.

I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners because, safety aspects
aside, I think that they corrupt my palate. That is, after drinking
a diet coke I seem to want to eat more sweet/salty/greasy/junky food.
This is certainly not an original observation.

Here's a suggestion: how about a tea with sweet flavor notes but without
the punch-in-the-pancreas heft of "sweetening"? Currant flavored tea,
offered by many dealers, is one. Another favorite of mine and many
friends is tea with Lychee extract. This is available in big red-gold
square tins at many Chinese groceries for between $5.00 and $8.00
per pound.

Good luck,

Rick.