Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.[_1_] -L.[_1_] is offline

Default The Girl Scouts are Coming! The Girl Scouts are Coming!

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> No. Cookies are not food. And, being poor is depressing enough. If I needed
> to get food from a food bank, I would not want to feel like I was getting
> peoples' throwaways.

Heh. The two most sought-after items at our food bank are ramen
noodles and canned tuna. Not exactly haute cuisine.

>GS cookies are definitely in that category. If I wanted
> to donate cookies, I'd just go shopping and buy some serious ones that
> wouldn't insult the recipients.

They are far from insulted. In fact the GS cookies go before any other
sweet we stock.

If you want to make a food pantry's day, donate some toilet paper,
laundry detergent, shampoo and paper towels. These things are always
in demand and hardly ever donated.

-L.