Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default The Girl Scouts are Coming! The Girl Scouts are Coming!

notbob said...

> If you're a real shortbread nut like myself, get the real deal. I
> like Walkers Traditional Shorbreads:
>
> http://www.walkersus.com/?gclid=CMWC...FQx1YAodkmXcRQ
>
> ....but my hands-down favorite is Royal Edinburgh Shortbread. Hard to
> find and kind of pricey, but worth it. They are truly decadent and so
> rich you can only eat a few:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2r86t8
>
> nb

nb,

I don't remember the last time I had a shortbread cookie.

My ACME has the Walkers you mention. I'll buy a box next trip.

If I run across the Royal Edinburgh cookies I'll try them.

I did find something called Social Teas if that's the other cookie by
another name...

http://www.amazon.com/Nabisco-Social.../dp/B0002QF1PQ

Thanks,

Andy

P.S. Remember "Melodies", sugar sprinkled flat round chocolate
(shortbread?) cookies (1960s)?