Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Girl Scouts are Coming! The Girl Scouts are Coming!

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
.121...
> "JoeSpareBedroom" >
> :
>
>> Their cookies suck, so I usually tell them that for health reasons, I
>> can't eat sweets, and I offer to just donate $10.00 to their troop
>> they're not Nazi assholes like the BSA. But, the parents are usually
>> thrown for a loop when they have to figure out how to account for a
>> donation without a cookie sale.

> Just buy the damned cookies and give them to someone else. The cookies
> have really changed over the years and are really not very good. They used
> to be really good years and years ago.
>
> Michael

Nah...that's wasteful. Don't get me wrong - I like the Girl Scout
organization. There were some kids on my street whose GS troop took them to
a VERY fancy blue-hair restaurant for lunch, and told them "Now, watch how
the old ladies eat. Look at their table manners....". I thought that was
cool, so I donated big-time for that idea.