Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default On Again, Off Again Pot Roast Disaster!

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 02:58:59 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"-L." > wrote
>>>
>>> I'm not taking that bet.

>> LOL...Well, Christine did me right by turning me on to the Marcella
>> Hazan roasted lemon chicken. I'm betting the lady knows her food.
>>

>I am not challenging that, not at all. But ... either I need to taste this
>pot roast or she needs a new picture!

Damsel has also said this is the best pot roast she has had. She does
add carrots and potatoes the last hour of cooking, and there is no
reason why you couldn't as well..

But..if you try this roast, try it exactly as written. If you try to
add some other step in it, such as the OP did (with flouring and
browning the meat beforehand) don't come to me complaining that it was
horrible and ruined.

Christine