Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Default On Again, Off Again Pot Roast Disaster!

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Yes, it does. Rich, incredible beef flavor.
>
> The poster that had problems with this didn't follow the recipe. If
> he had, he would have had one of the best pot roasts around.
>
> The simplicity of the preparation belies how good it turns out. The
> picture isn't the best, I admit. Sometimes brown foods don't
> photograph that well and make the dish look awful. I took what feels
> like a gazillion pictures of it, hoping to get one decent one for the
> web page. That one was the best.

Some things just don't photograph well. I took some photos of some
awesome mushroom bolognaise I made, while it was simmering. DH loaded
it onto the wrong file and it came up as one of his screen savers at
work. One of his co-workers saw it and said "Eeew! What's that!" and
he had to explain why he had a shot of icky-looking pasta sauce on his
computer.

-L.