Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default On Again, Off Again Pot Roast Disaster!

On 22 Jan 2007 22:39:58 -0800, "-L." > wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>>
>> You keep posting this.
>>
>> It looks absolutely AWFUL.
>>
>> Granted, some really bad looking food is very tasty.
>>
>> But I will not be trying this recipe any time soon.

>It's the yellow onions on top that make it look a little scary. I will
>bet it tastes incredible.
>
>-L.

Yes, it does. Rich, incredible beef flavor.

The poster that had problems with this didn't follow the recipe. If
he had, he would have had one of the best pot roasts around.

The simplicity of the preparation belies how good it turns out. The
picture isn't the best, I admit. Sometimes brown foods don't
photograph that well and make the dish look awful. I took what feels
like a gazillion pictures of it, hoping to get one decent one for the
web page. That one was the best.

Christine