Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default On Again, Off Again Pot Roast Disaster!

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:24:56 GMT, "pfoley" >
wrote:

>"Michael Horowitz" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I tried subject recipe from the NG; scorched and burned disaster.
>> What's it supposed to look like when taken out? - Mike

>====
>I cook my pot roasts on top of the stove and not in the oven.

>Since I have never cooked a pot roast in the oven, I don't know the
>requirements for that type of cooking.

This is a particular recipe:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/C...t%20Roast.html

The onions in the recipe provide a lot of liquid/moisture..and I have
never had it go dry. The only way I can imagine it might be too dry
is if the cover is not on to start with, and is only on during the
middle of the cooking. If it is done that way then yes, there might
be a chance of scorching..

Christine