Posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_2_] TG[_2_] is offline

Default Humidity and sourdough

Mike Avery wrote:
liking sourdough a lot, and despite the fact that more than 3/4
> of my bread baking uses sourdough as its leaven, it seems at times that
> there is too much awe of sourdough.

Hi Mike,

It's 'attachment', 'the over exaggeration by the mind of anything we
see as 'good'', not synonymous with 'love' which is perfectly
reasonable. The opposite is 'aversion'. You can spot yourself falling
victim of attachment anytime you get over excited about anything.
We are all prone to it. Moreover you are seen as a freak if you are
not. Unfortunately if you don't have the awareness of it it's hard to
stop it in it's tracks. The other downside is some throw the baby out
with the bath water and start to, no offense meant, use the phrase
'just' all the time. It comes from an attempt to categorize everything
into black and white boxes.
You can't cover the world in leather, better to simply wear shoes.

Jim