Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default braised beef brisket in merlot and cinnamon.

In article >,
jay > wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:02:24 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
>

> > Very good...I've never tried cinnamon with beef before.

> A pinch of cinnamon is great with braised beef as are cloves. IMO it has
> to be just the amount that does not stand up and say "cinnamon is here." My
> favorite recipe for *swinging tenderloin*..aka ox tails includes cloves. I
> also add a touch of cinnamon to chili along with some chocolate, coffee,
> cola, worcestershire and soy sauce.
>
> jay

Now that's wild!

I do use cocoa powder in chili, but not coffee.
I have used coffee as a liquid for beef recipes in crockpot or pressure
cooker.

It's been rare tho' as I personally no longer drink coffee (for health
reasons). I may have to start saving some of the leftover coffee from
work and freezing it, as long as I know how long it's been sitting.

I think I'd pass on the cola, altho' I understand it's a great
tenderizer.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.