Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Where to Buy Duck Liver

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Sheldon" wrote
> > Kswck wrote:
> >> "Sheldon" wrote

> >> Sheldon: Try Oscars SMokehouse in Warrensburg. It'sa bit of a drive for
> >> you,
> >> but they have quality stuff.

> > Warrensburg is nearly as far north of me as NYC is south. I looked at
> > their web site and they don't sell anything I can't buy at the local
> > stupidmarkets, just smoked provisions... I'm sure there's is good but
> > that's snacking food, not the kind of foods one should live on. In
> > fact there are many locals nearby that do their own smoked meats and
> > they are pretty good. But what I'm missing is good restaurant food,
> > preferably ethnic. I've already tried like ten different Chinese
> > restaurants that came highly recommended, all served crap, had no
> > relationship whatsoever to any Chinese food I have had even in the
> > neighborhood take outs downstate. Soon as I see the boiled yellow
> > rice with green peas they call fried I know it's more Puerto Rican than
> > Chinese... and wtf is boneless spare ribs, disgusting garbage I'd not
> > feed to a starving cat. And there are no seafood restaurants worth
> > their salt... if I want Mrs. Pauls I don't need to eat out.
> >
> > It's lucky for me I know how to cook, but sometimes I want to be
> > serviced... and I'm willing to pay but not for lousy service and
> > disgusting food. In fact the only alcoholic drinks the bartenders
> > around here know how to prepare is popping the cap on a beer. The last
> > time I went out to eat I ordered a bloody mary, got a glass jam packed
> > with shaved ice with some pinkish red supposedly diluted tomato juice,
> > and so thick with horseradish couldn't get through the straw, no celery
> > stick and no vodka, least I couldn't detect any. I sent it back and
> > ordered a bottled bud, no glass. By the time I finished the second bud
> > the food still hadn''t arrived, I payed my bar tab and left.
> >

> What god-forsaken town do you live in???

I live not far south of Albany, in NY's Capitol district... I can be in
downtown Albany in about an hour.

Warrensburg is the god-forsaken town, it's smack dab in the middle of
the Adirondaks, truly in the middle of nowhere... if they didn't
maintain a web site no one would buy their products other than a few
hillybilly locals, probably not many buy from them on line either,
there are literally thousands of web sites where one can buy the same
kind of smoked provisons, not to mention that every small town for many
miles from here has a similar smoke house where one can go at their
leisure to pick, choose, and refuse in person... I'm sure the same type
of products exist within twenty miles of wherever one lives on this
planet... 'bout every burg in the southwest has someone doing smoked
rattlesnake.