Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Kake L Pugh Kake L Pugh is offline

Default Almond milk

Serene > wrote:
> Oh, that's way too much work. To make almond milk, I simply blend 1
> cup of almonds with 4 cups of water in the blender, strain it (or not
> -- I usually just let it settle) and it's good to go.

Thanks for the advice. I've got ground almonds, not whole almonds, so
I wasn't sure how I should adapt your process to those. I did try
soaking 1 cup of ground almonds in 2 cups of boiling water, and
leaving it to settle, but although some "sludge" has sunk to the
bottom the rest of the milk is still rather "bitty". It's only been
sitting for two hours though, so I'll see how it is this evening.

Oh, or I've just realised - when you said "almonds", did you mean
ground almonds?

Kake