Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default Almond milk

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:41:39 GMT, Kake L Pugh > wrote:

>While we're on the subject of making non-dairy milks, has anyone got
>any hints on making almond milk? I have a large quantity of ground
>almonds, and would like to try and make nut milk with some of them.
>
>From what I've seen on the interweb, the process seems to be roughly:
>soak 1 cup ground almonds in 2-4 cups boiling water for 10 minutes,
>then strain and add a small pinch of salt and a little sugar or
>something else sweet.

Oh, that's way too much work. To make almond milk, I simply blend 1
cup of almonds with 4 cups of water in the blender, strain it (or not
-- I usually just let it settle) and it's good to go.

serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com