Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default High Blood Pressure Recipes (aka low sodium recipes :-)

"tofuqueen" > wrote

>> - he has to buy his own fruit because you might buy the wrong size.

> Yep, I've been told that I picked bananas that were too small (and so
> were the apples). As I understand it, very large peices of fruit are
> considered to be at least two servings, so my attempt was to find the
> ones that were one serving. Silly me.

They keep bugging us to have more servings of fruit, I don't think
the big banana will harm him.

> medicine, which he has not done as of yet. He said that he'll change
> his diet first.

I don't blame him. You know, that Prevention Magazine seemed
to be about healthful eating/etc to get people off medication. That
seemed like an overriding theme, though I haven't read that magazine
in a long time. Maybe check out an issue.

> I'm impatient and want him to change it all
> immediately. He said that it won't "stick" if he does it all at once.

Yeah, I could see it's bad enough it's scary news, he might just want
to absorb it before being bombarded about it.

> I bought him RAW chicken breasts today and they're baking with garlic
> and other seasonings. I'm baking tofu and veggies at the same time
> WITH soy sauce for DD and I. I hope I did it right today :-) And
> thanks for being such a sweet group; I mean it.
>
> I found this quote a few minutes ago and thought I'd sha
>
> "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole
> staircase."

Wait, I think I saw that in one of those Raider's movies ...

(smile) You really have a lot to deal with. I wish you nothing but
the best, don't go crazy trying to watch everything he eats, it's not
helping you get better. He needs to step it up, but give him some
room, I think. Just my opinion. Let him take charge of what he
eats, maybe he'll get into making his own good choices.

nancy