Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default High Blood Pressure Recipes (aka low sodium recipes :-)

tofuqueen wrote:

> Hi,
> It's me the ocassional poster, mostly lurker, vegetarian with a
> junk-food/fast-food addict husband who was recently diagnosed with high
> blood pressure. He's only 47, it runs in his family and it's going to
> be the death of me, trying to find and cook foods that emulate junk
> food. Argghhhh; I need a place to vent and I'm not sure if it's the
> marriage newsgroup I need of this food group. You're less
> argumentative here, so I'm posting here.

The problem is quite simple. You two need to split up. You have
incompatible diets. My brother in law when through the same think when he
was married to a health food nazi which drove him to fast food restaurants
and junk food where he could enjoy some peace and quiet.

- you get a gag reflex touching raw chicken
- he likes only a half dozen things, one of them being a tomato based dish
but he doesn't like tomatoes
- he has to buy his own fruit because you might buy the wrong size.

Hold it. Ignore the suggestion to split up. You are perfect for each
other.