Posted to alt.drinks.scotch-whisky,alt.beer,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.wine,alt.drunken.bastards
tofuqueen tofuqueen is offline

Default Where you do most enjoy drinking your favorite alcoholic drink?

Greg wrote:
> What locations (be it at home, at a particular bar or restaurant, or
> any other location/s outside of home) do you most currently enjoy
> drinking your current favorite alcoholic drink (whisky, wine, vodka,
> cocktail, beer, etc.) and please say why, for each location named.

WE just returned from our first ever family vacation. We've been
married for 14 years, never had a real wedding or anything that
resembled a honeymoon. Our child was born 2 years later and we've
never taken a "trip, trip" without it being business or visiting
family. We took a two week, all inclusive trip to Mexico.

There is no place more wonderful on the planet, with or without
alcohol, for me, than to sit facing the turquoise waters, watching the
waves, finding shells, smelling the air and feeling the sand between my
toes and the warm water on my body. Adding a drink to that is simply
icing on the cake.

I also enjoy a warm bath, with coconutty or kakui (sp?) nut scented oil
and a glass of wine with candles. I keep swearing that I'm going to do
it daily, but I'm Ms. IN a Hurry so I often forget to relax and smell
the roses.

While in Mexico, after dinner a few evenings, at this special
restaurant at the hotel, they made a fancy Mexican coffee that was a
real "production"...lit fires on the tequila, whipped cream...stuff I
never eat! But I died and went to heaven sitting there watching (I
filmed it and might be able to share it on here), listend to live
Mexican music and felt as if my husband would have to drag me to the
airport and get a crane to lift me onto the plane.

We've had major snow since I've returned which has been far from
enjoyable for me and where I live, they are not prepared for this
amount of snow. They are very short on plows and sanders and I've been
housebound. I might make a trek out today but I'll have to see if
anthing melts first.

Those are my dream places for drinks. Sadly, I'll be going through my
annual cancer follow up and will be stopping alcohol for about 6 weeks,
so I'll have to find something that comes close to enjoyable.

Good topic :-)