Posted to rec.food.cooking
ravenlynne[_1_] ravenlynne[_1_] is offline

Default Where you do most enjoy drinking your favorite alcoholic drink?

jmcquown wrote:
> Ravenlynne wrote:
>> Greg wrote:
>>> What locations (be it at home, at a particular bar or restaurant, or
>>> any other location/s outside of home) do you most currently enjoy
>>> drinking your current favorite alcoholic drink (whisky, wine, vodka,
>>> cocktail, beer, etc.) and please say why, for each location named.
>>>

>> I really only enjoy drinking at home or with friends at their homes.
>> I hate paying $6 for a glass of wine at a restaraunt when I can spend
>> $16 on a whole bottle and drink it comfortably at home.

> Yep, I'm with you on that! I remember John and I went to a really
> hoity-toity restaurant in Addison, Texas when we first got back together and
> he was still trying oh so hard to impress me It was wine-tasting night
> at this place and for a set price you got a very nice meal (truly!) and all
> the wine you could drink. (It was all *excellent*, by the way, and yes, we
> took a cab.) While waiting for our table we each had a glass of wine at the
> bar. $15 for a glass of wine?! Wowsa. But even in a regular restaurant,
> be it a chain or otherwise, a glass of the "house" wine costs about $6.
>
> Wish I could remember the name of that restaurant.
>
> Jill

yeah...that's pretty much it. We went to outback when on vacation with
family and my uncle ordered a glass of Riesling...$6.95 for the glass
then turned around and ordered a whole bottle of it for $15.95.

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.