Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Where you do most enjoy drinking your favorite alcoholic drink?

Ravenlynne wrote:
> Greg wrote:
>> What locations (be it at home, at a particular bar or restaurant, or
>> any other location/s outside of home) do you most currently enjoy
>> drinking your current favorite alcoholic drink (whisky, wine, vodka,
>> cocktail, beer, etc.) and please say why, for each location named.
>>

> I really only enjoy drinking at home or with friends at their homes.
> I hate paying $6 for a glass of wine at a restaraunt when I can spend
> $16 on a whole bottle and drink it comfortably at home.

Yep, I'm with you on that! I remember John and I went to a really
hoity-toity restaurant in Addison, Texas when we first got back together and
he was still trying oh so hard to impress me It was wine-tasting night
at this place and for a set price you got a very nice meal (truly!) and all
the wine you could drink. (It was all *excellent*, by the way, and yes, we
took a cab.) While waiting for our table we each had a glass of wine at the
bar. $15 for a glass of wine?! Wowsa. But even in a regular restaurant,
be it a chain or otherwise, a glass of the "house" wine costs about $6.

Wish I could remember the name of that restaurant.

Jill