Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chatty Cathy Chatty Cathy is offline

Default Where you do most enjoy drinking your favorite alcoholic drink?

Dave Smith wrote:

> Can there be only one favourite?
> I think it depends on the weather and the situation. Sitting on
> a patio on a hot summer day there is nothing that beats a gin and
> tonic. Hold it.... I may have to take that back.... cold beer is
> nice under those circumstances too. On a cooler day it is nice
> to sit under a shady arbour and sip some nice dry white wine.
> Sitting by a fire place on a cold day is a nice setting for a hot
> rum toddy. Sitting around the table after dinner it is nice to
> have a brandy. Even nice is a glass of Port with coffee and a
> cigar.

What Dave said (mostly). However, my usual "poison" is white wine - at
home. (Have to be very careful with the drinking and driving around
here...) But a cold glass of beer on a very hot day is very good too.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy