Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default How do I cook a goose breast?

Umbrian wrote:

> I think there is paranoia in those temperature figures.

My husband, the chef, would agree with that.

Pork
> which is lean is commonly served pink here and is better for it.
> There has not been a case of trichinosis in Italy since about the
> Thirties. That said, I don't do it if I don't know the meat and its
> provenance.

I cooked (I mean me,not Edeward) wild boar in France on Boxing Day, I
was told, by my French neighbours that I had to cook it for 4 hours, I
did but in a marinade and I have to admit a baby without teeth could
have eaten it. So obviously the myth about pork, which Sanglier is,
exists in France. Would you serve Sanglier pink? I only ask as Edward
now hunts, only to eat, I add not just for sport, and I expect I will
be cooking it again.

Another question would you eat Deer pink?

Judith at home in England