Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dawn[_2_] Dawn[_2_] is offline

Default Need help on filet mignon on the grill

Greg Dayton wrote:

> Any ones suggestions on how long on each side to sear
> the juices in?.I remember following my local butchers directions to
> place the grill on high but have forgotten time allotment.I know after
> the searing part to cook on almost the lowest grill setting until
> desired out come.One last question..has any one used a what i think is
> the best steak sauce Parliament?.Do they still make it?....i hope so it
> was evidence of god! lol. Thanks in advance email
> welcomed.

Get a meat thermometer. That's the best way to tell when it's done. Sear
them 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness.

If you have good quality meat you don't need sauce. Put the steaks in a
zip bag with a little salt and some fresh chopped garlic and marinate
them for an hour or two before cooking.

Dawn