Posted to rec.food.baking,sci.med.nutrition,misc.health.alternative
Del Cecchi[_1_] Del Cecchi[_1_] is offline

Default Where to get good cheap organic spelt flour?

Dave Bell wrote:
> QnA wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My local health food store is price-gouging me on the
>> spelt flour, which I greatly prefer to wheat or white.
>> They want $3 per pound for bulk, and slightly less for
>> the organic spelt sold by some company in a sealed bag.
>>
>> I used to live in an area where I could buy spelt cheaper,
>> but that store just bought it mail-order and sold it to me
>> at a mark-up.
>>
>> My question is, where can I just buy it myself
>> direct and save some money?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> US, I assume?
>
> I buy Vita-Spelt brand from Purity Foods through Whole Foods.
> They order me up a 25 pound bag, at around $1.60 per pound.
> Used to give 10% off for "bulk", but no longer.
> That's the cheapest I've seen, but it really sucks, compared to King
> Arthur or Harvest Gold at what? $0.25/pound?
>
> Dave

http://www.shopnatural.com/Merchant2...n=ProductLists

25 pounds for 28 bucks plus shipping. google "buy spelt flour"
organic stone ground

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions,