Harry Demidavicius

Default Canadian Thanksgiving--- Dessert? ?

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:21:56 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:55:41 GMT, "Dimitri" >
>> wrote:

>>>How about modifying a flan recipe by using caramelizing maple syrup for the
>>>coating inside the baking dish.
>>>
>>>Dimitri
>>>

>> Hhmm. I wonder if that might work well in a Tatin.
>>
>> Harry

>No reason you couldn't substitute maple syrup for brown sugar.

Thanks Dimitri & Alan.

We do have a couple of excellent Tatins that have served us well.
it's the "maple" part that intrigued me. Samantha advises that
thickening up the #1 grade syrup is a cast iron bitch of a job.
Coincidentally i just scored a source for reasonably priced maple
sugar here in town. Must try it now.

Harry