Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Christopher C. Stacy Christopher C. Stacy is offline

Default getting sick

writes:
> Restaurant said that you cannot get food poisoning within a few hours
> and it takes over 24 hours or more to develop.....Not by my experience
> and research.

I've gotten sick (more than once) in less than an hour from eating bad food.

According to the NIH:

The symptoms from the most common types of food poisoning generally
start within 2 to 6 hours of eating the food responsible. That time
may be longer (even a number of days) or shorter, depending on the
toxin or organism responsible for the food poisoning. The possible
symptoms include:

* Nausea and vomiting
* Abdominal cramps
* Diarrhea (may be bloody)
* Fever and chills
* Weakness (may be serious and lead to respiratory arrest, as in the case of botulism)
* Headache

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001652.htm